Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Can't Sleep

I can't sleep because I think too much;
Robbed of life with a bitter touch.
Even in my own home, my decisions
Are met with skepticism, dismissal and derision.
 
By friends so colorful, who don't know my name,
By family so loveable, who think me as tamed…
I feel like a stone tablet left on a table:
Ignored and forgotten, till it's moving is enabled.
 
I'm so angry it hurts; this pain in my chest
It's left behind, like me and my rest.
Can't I decide, (in my own home no less),
what games to play, when stuck with doctor or dress?
 
It hurts like a dream, filled only with pain.
I can't sleep when nobody knows the frame.
I'm stuck in a loophole, a cycle straight down,
Where I can't even sleep in my own home town.
 
Why the same thing; endless repetition?
Why not sit back, even if you need to pay the tuition.
It doesn't cost much… to change your own ways
When it opens up new doors, and I can sleep away the day.
 
 
Who am I even talking to?
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment