Tuesday, August 14, 2012

The Child I Met (The Man and Woman's Child)

I came along a child,
Walking down the road,
Or should I say he came upon me?
The Woman given up on man,
Standing right behind him.

He was a very active child,
Moved from tree to tree to stone,
Always touching,
Always Sniffing,
What he doesn't know.

When they say curiosity killed a cat,
I knew it came from him,
For action is his method,
On the world in front of him.

The woman left long ago,
She seemed only for a second,
My mind brought briefly on her,
Then gasping back again.

It is simple how this story goes,
Though I backtrack for a second,
And this child's touch,
Brings along,
A many,
Varied,
Results.

A tree died,
And another grew,
And another split in half.
And The stones did thus,
Melt,
Split, and
Polish.

I had gemstones among the road of magma,
And a forest miles high,
But still did I love this curious child,
As much as I love Curiosity.



"Feel free to innovate, for no invention is new."

ISA

No comments:

Post a Comment